1. News: T+1 settlement system
Source: The Hindu
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has offered T+1 settlement system for stock Market exchanges. If the stock exchange agrees to the proposal, investors will get money for shares they sold or bought in their accounts faster, and in a safer and risk-free environment.
- Stocks and mutual funds are usually T+1 and bonds and money market funds vary among T+1, T+2, and T+3.
- T+1 (T+2, T+3) are abbreviations that refer to the settlement date of security transactions.The “T” stands for transaction date.
- The numbers 1, 2, or 3 denote how many days after the transaction date the settlement—or the transfer of money and security ownership—takes place.
2. News: 100% first dose vaccination in Goa
Source: The Hindu
- Goa has become the second state in India to complete 100% covid vaccination of the first dose for all its eligible residents.
- Himachal Pradesh was the first state to achieve this feat.
3. News: Climate Action and Finance Mobilization Dialogue (CAFMD)
Source: Indian Express
This was one of the main tracks of the U.S.-India Agenda 2030 Partnership that President Joe Biden and Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced at the Leaders Summit on Climate in April 2021.
- CAFMD would have three pillars:
Climate Action Pillar: which would have joint proposals looking at ways in emissions could be reduced in the next decade.
Setting out a Roadmap: to achieving the 450GW in transportation, buildings and industry.
Finance Pillar: would involve collaborating on attracting finance to deploy 450 GW of renewable energy and demonstrate at scale clean energy technologies.
- The US will collaborate with India to work towards installing 450 GW of renewable energy by 2030.