1. News : Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In)
Source: The Hindu
HC seeks Centre’s response to petition on data breaches
- Established in 2004, it is an organisation of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India, with the objective of securing Indian cyberspace.
- It is the nodal agency which deals with cybersecurity threats like hacking and phishing.
- CERT-In has been designated to perform the following functions in the area of cybersecurity:
- Collection, analysis and dissemination of information on cyber incidents.
- Forecast and alerts of cybersecurity incidents
- Emergency measures for handling cybersecurity incidents
- Coordination of cyber incident response activities.
- Issue guidelines, advisories, vulnerability notes and whitepapers relating to information security practices, procedures, prevention, response and reporting of cyber incidents.
- Such other functions relating to cybersecurity as may be prescribed