1. News :Prime Ministers Shram Awards
- Given to workers in recognition of outstanding contribution towards production, and for showing exemplary zeal and enthusiasm in discharge of their duties in the Central/ State Governments Public Sector and Departmental Undertakings.
- The Awards are presented to the workmen as defined in the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 and employed in the Departmental Undertakings of the Central and State Governments, Central and State Public Sector Undertakings and private sector having minimum of 500 employees on roll and engaged in manufacturing and productive processes and whose performance is assessable
- .This year the Awards are given in three categories namely:
- Shram Bhushan Awards which carry a cash prize of Rs.1,00,000/- each,
- Shram Vir/Shram Veerangana Awards which carry a cash prize of Rs. 60,000/- each and
- Shram Shree/Shram Devi Awards which carry a cash prize of Rs.40,000/- each.
2. News : AB-PMJAY gave ₹2,794 cr. for COVID treatment
Source: The Hindu
- Under the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) 20.32 lakh COVID-19 tests and 7.08 lakh treatments were authorised from April 2020 to July 2021.
- Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) is the Union government’s health insurance scheme.
- The National Health Authority (NHA) is the nodal agency responsible for the nationwide roll-out and implementation of the AB-PMJAY scheme.The insurance cover allowed beneficiaries to avail of free testing and treatment across all empanelled hospitals — both public and private
- It is an entitlement-based scheme that targets the beneficiaries as identified by latest Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) data.
- Once identified by the database, the beneficiary is considered insured.
- The insurance cost is shared by the centre and the state mostly in the ratio of 60:40.