GS II 01) NEWS: Cabinet okays 23,123 crore aid package
What is the fund for: Boost emergency response and healthcare system especially for early prevention, detention and management with emphasis more on health infrastructure.
- Tackle the problems observed in second wave covid attack- Oxygen and medicine shortage.
- Expansion of the national telemedicine platform: e-sanjeevani
- Repurposing bed for covid 19 management.
- All district hospitals would have Hospital Management Infrastructure System(HMIS) through NIC developed E-hospital and CDAC developed E-shrushrut software.
- Boost to National Digital Health Mission(NDHM)
- Implemented by National Health Mission
- It is an ecosystem where various services has been given to patients include: Digidoctor, Personal IDs, e-pharmacy, telemedicine, etc.
- Increase the efficacy, efficiency and transparency of the health care system.
- Decrease needless expenditure
- Reaching rural areas.
- Convenient to patient: anytime consultation through Digidoctor.
- Privacy of data is at risk
- Ethical and privacy breaches.
- Digital divide: cannot adequately access to rural people
- Concerns over quality of records
- Infrastructure of the mission is not yet set-vagueness in service delivery
- Digital literacy: especially among rural areas. last mile connectivity should be ensured.
- Health literacy and awareness about the scheme.
- Reforming public health care system
- Other issues like infrastructure, cost, etc should be addressed immediately. According to WHO, India have only 80 doctors for 1lakh people.
India’s spending on health in GDP is less than 1.5%. Increasing the fund will essentially contribute to effective implementation of the scheme and revival of health care system.
GS II 02) News: Panel report on data hangs fire
About Personal Data Protection bill, 2019
- Puttaswamy vs India (2017) supreme court accepted privacy as a fundamental right.
- B N Srikrishna Committee drafted the bill
- The bill seeks permission from the user before collecting the data by firms.
- Declares the provider of the data as the owner of the data so that users will be able to control the data and may request firms for deletion.
- Sensitive data, like religious matter and matters of national security, must be accessible to the govt.
- Formation of Data Protection Authority (DPA) charged with managing data collected by the Aadhaar programme.
- DPA composition: chairperson and members
- Not have an independent expert or member of judiciary on its governing committee.
GS III 01) News: Agriculture Infrastructure Fund (AIF)
- To inject formal credit into farm and farm-processing based activities.
- The fund will be managed and monitored by an online Management Information system (MIS)-National, state, district level monitoring.
- Fund will be provided for setup: cold stores and chains, ware housing, grading and packaging units, besides PPP projects for crop aggregation sponsored by Central/state/local bodies,etc.
- 1lakh crore will be given to banks and financial institutions as loans to; Primary Agricultural Credit societies (PACS), SHGs, Farmers, Marketing Cooperative societies, Agri entrepreneurs and Centarl/state/ agencies or local bodies sponsored by PPP projects, etc.
- Interest subvention: 3% per annum up to a limit of Rs. 2 crore available maximum period of 7 years
- A Credit Guarantee Coverage will be available to eligible buyers named Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and mall Enterprises CGTMSE scheme up to 2 crore.
- In case of FPOs the credit guarantee may be availed from the facility created under FPO promotion scheme of Dept. Agriculture , Cooperation and Farmers Welfare (DACFW)
GS III 02 ) News: Agriculture Infrastructure Fund (AIF) WWF and UNEP report on Human- Wild life conflict
Name of the report: A Future for all the Need for Human Wildlife Coexistence
- Human- animal conflict is a threat to long term survival of most important species.
- Global wild life population have fallen an average of 68% since 1970.
- Indian context: over 500 elephants and 2,361 people were killed as a result of elephant-animal conflict between 2014-2015 and 2018-2019.
- Large grade of habitat destruction
- Transport network
- Empowering Grama panchayat as per Wild Life Protection Act,1972
- Provide Insurance: use PM Fasal Bhima Yojana for crop compensation.
- Augmenting fodder and water resource within forest area.
- Sonitpur model
- WWF India developed it in 2003-2004 people were given training on how to drive away elephants from fields safely.
- Also provided low cost, single stranded, non- lethal electric fence
- After 4 years crop loss due to elephants dropped to zero.
- Translocation of problematic animals: relocating animals to a new place.
- Bio fencing and growing various plants eg: Uttarakhand
- Man animal conflict should declare as natural disaster.
Recently, emphasizing rights of passage of elephants, Supreme Court, instructed to remove all resorts in the Nilgiri elephant corridor. In order to reduce this conflict a better planning is needed.
SPARSH system for Pension Administration (RAKSHA)
- Integrated system for automation of sanction and disbursement of defense pension.
- Implemented by Ministry of Defense
- It processes pension claims and credit pension directly into the bank accounts of pensioners.