Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security
and Disaster Management
- Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
- Inclusive growth and issues arising from it.
- Government Budgeting.
- Major crops cropping patterns in various parts of the country,
- different types of irrigation and irrigation systems storage,
- transport and marketing of agricultural produce and issues and related constraints;
- e-technology in the aid of farmers
- Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices
- Public Distribution System objectives, functioning, limitations, revamping
- issues of buffer stocks and food security Technology missions; economics of animal-rearing.
- Food processing and related industries in India- scope and significance, location, upstream and downstream requirements, supply chain management.
- Land reforms in India.
- Effects of liberalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth.
- Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways etc.
- Investment models.
Science and Technology
- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life
- Achievements of Indians in science & technology; indigenization of technology and developing new technology.
- Awareness in the fields of IT, Space, Computers, robotics, nano-technology, bio-technology and issues relating to intellectual property rights.
Environment and Ecology
- Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment
Disaster and disaster management
- Linkages between development and spread of extremism.
- Role of external state and non-state actors in creating challenges to internal security.
- Challenges to internal security through communication networks, role of media and social networking sites in internal security challenges, basics of cyber security;
- money-laundering and its prevention
- Security challenges and their management in border areas; linkages of organized crime with terrorism
- Various Security forces and agencies and their mandate